FAR is a simple tool for search and replace operations over multiple files. You can apply ordinary "word by word" replacement, or choose to use fully featured regular expressions.
FAR automatically creates backups (unless you deselect this option) and is designed to operate on files dispersed over entire directory trees.
For your comfort you may define search strings that span multiple lines by just typing multiple lines - no obscure construct like "$\r?(?s:.)^" is required.
FAR wants to be this application that you only need once a year - but then you badly need it.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and table of contents.
- Fast lane. Tips and Tricks.
- Simple file name pattern syntax explained.
- Regular expression syntax briefly explained.
- The Find tab and find operations.
- The Replace tab and replace operations.
- The Rename tab and rename operations.
The file list (result list) on the right hand side and its features.
- FAR settings menu.
- The Search menu entry. Save, load and execute operation commands.
- The Select menu entry. The power of subselects.
- The File menu entry and its popup sibling.
- The Tools menu entry. FAR utilities.