The "Select" section of the application menu offers a handful of methods that
allow to manipulate the set of selected (checked) entries in the file list.
Only selected files are subject to operations started from the application menu or the
tabs (Replace, Rename and Extract).
This facility allows you to perform subselects on a set of files in order to narrow
the selection step-by-step. For instance you may thus look for files containing a keyword A
but not a keyword B.
The available options are:
- Select All: Selects all entries.
- Select Nothing: Unselects all entries.
- Invert Selection: Selects the unselected and vice-versa. Also available from the
column header of the checkbox column (the black-and-white box)
- By Name: Allows to specify a simple pattern or regular expression that matches
the file names to be selected. Any file name containing the specified expression
will be selected, unless you request an exact match selecting the respective radio button.
- By Content: Allows to specify a regular expression for the file content. This works
exactly as the respective section on the "Find" tab.